Fast laser-based methods for fabricating microstructures on polymers, metals, ceramics and coatings can be used to generate surface functions over large areas. In addition to the topography, the electrical, chemical and mechanical properties can also be varied periodically. These structured surfaces can be used in biotechnology, battery technology, photonics and tribology.
Our Range of Services Includes:
- Development and assembly of compact systems for direct laser interference patterning (DLIP)
- Fabrication of periodic and quasi-periodic surface structures on flat and complex components made of metal, plastic and ceramics
- Modification of surface properties (e.g. layer adhesion, friction coefficient, reflection, biocompatibility)
- Large-area structuring using DLIP and roll-to-roll technology
- Topographic analysis of surfaces using confocal microscopy and white light interferometry