By using reactive multilayer systems (RMS), many materials, including metals, ceramics, semiconductors and polymers, can be joined in a material-friendly, low-stress and very fast manner. For this purpose, an RMS directly adapted to the joining process is placed between the two components to be joined and then activated. A chemical, self-propagating reaction occurs, as a result of which heat is provided for joining the components for a very short time and in a narrowly localized manner.
Our Range of Services Includes:
- Development and production of reactive multilayer systems (RMS)
- Joining application by means of RMS
- Characterization of RMS and reactively joined components
- Simulation of the thermal balance of an RMS joint using COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Coatings and solder deposition by magnetron sputter deposition