8th International Summer School "Trends and new developments in Laser Technology 2019"
August 26–30, 2019, Fraunhofer IWS Dresden
From 26 to 30 August 2019, TU Dresden and the Fraunhofer IWS are organizing the eighth International Summer School "Trends and New Developments in Laser Technology". The one-week summer school offers students and PhD students the opportunity to study basic and applied aspects of laser technology. The program consists of expert lectures, supplemented by participant presentations and informal discussion sessions, as well as laboratory practice. The course focuses on sharing and exchanging new ideas in the field of laser technology.
- Surface hardening technologies
- High speed 2D laser cutting
- Laser welding
- Additive manufacturing processes
- Applications of ultra short pulsed lasers
- Laser process simulation
- Laser micro/nano structuring, laser interference patterning
In addition, the programme will include:
- Participant presentations (15 minutes)
- 4 practices at IWS laboratories