Fraunhofer IWS Dresden has developed the dynamic beam shaping system "LASSY" to have a flexible tool for laser beam hardening instead of using optics with fix spot geometries. "LASSY" is a scanning mirror optics, which is able to scan the beam perpendicular to the feed direction. Energy spreading can be adapted to different local heat flow conditions. This process,
for instance, enables to generate a constant penetration of the hardened zone despite different part thicknesses.
- Laser surface treatment technologies like laser beam hardening, remelting or alloying
- Variable scan width
- Maximum width of hardness tracks 60 mm at 1.5 mm penetration
- Variable working distance by application of different focusing optics
- Application to a 6-axis articulated robot or other laser machine
- Tested with up to 6 kW maximum laser power
- Integrated temperature measuring system "Emaqs"