RESET - the center for resources conserving energy technologies is now fully operational
In 2015 the Fraunhofer institutes IWS and FEP finished the installation and startup of substantial equipment resources in a new building of the 4th expansion phase on the Fraunhofer campus. In an IWS section of the building with about 500 m2 the installed equipment includes machines for additive manufacturing with continuous powder and wire feeds. A similarly sized IWS laboratory bundles technologies for constructive and structural lightweight technologies to combine and expand competences in polymer-metal joints and fiber reinforced composites. Additional equipment for pre- and post-treatments as well as analytical systems add to the spectrum. On July 3rd 2015, the new laboratories were presented to the public. More than 1000 guests visited with great interest.