Coaxial processing heads for laser powder cladding
The production line COAXn is a longtime proven modular coaxial processing head system for laser cladding processes. The optimized processing head can be quickly set up, each part taken from a wide product range of standardized single components. The desired laser type, the optics configuration and the machine system are taken into consideration as well as such aspects as access, precision, coating rate, powder efficiency and the powder materials, which have to be treated.
Up to now more than 100 COAXn line systems have found their way into industrial applications. The most important applications are repair of aircraft engines and fixed gas turbines, surface coatings and repair of ship propulsion. Furthermore they are very suitable for quick design modifications of huge forming tools or for the surface armoring of gas and oil production facilities.
Technical data / systems
Depending on the applications you can distinguish between annular gap powder nozzles ( e.g. COAX8, COAX9) and powder nozzles with a single powder stream ( COAX12, COAX13) The essential differences of these systems can be found in the size of the powder focus, the 3 D capability as well as the accessibility of different welding positions. Independently, there are the following technical data:
- powder: commercial metal and carbide powder with grain sizes of ±20-125 µm
- pneumatic mixing of up to 4 single powder components
- diameter focus: 0.9-0.3 mm
- powder stream (e.g. Stellit 21): 0.5-150 g/min
- powder efficiency up to 95 %, depending on application and process
- standard gas: Argon, 5 to 8 l/min
- diode laser: All solid state lasers, CO2 laser up to 10 kW.