Mission and vision
The work at Fraunhofer Project Center consists of three main pillars:
- contracted research and development projects for industrial customers,
- publicly funded research projects, national, bilateral and European R&D programs,
- internal projects to extend the competences of both partners.
The competencies of the Fraunhofer Project Center arise from the core laser based business fields of the Fraunhofer IWS:
- joining (welding)
- removal and cutting
- surface layer technologies
- thermal coating technologies
and the basic areas of the CAMT (Centre for Advanced Manufacturing Technologies) of Wroclaw University of Technology:
- manufacturing technologies, including generative technologies
- production management,
- production automation and control
- quality inspection systems including vision systems.