Fraunhofer USA Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies CCD
Fraunhofer USA Center for Coatings and Diamond Technologies CCD is located in East Lansing, Michigan. Since 1998 the team of experienced process engineers develops coating solutions based on physical and chemical vapor deposition (PVD, CVD) technologies.
The offered coating technologies include:
- high performance wear resistant diamond-like carbon and ceramic coatings for tooling and component applications,
- development of novel and proprietary coating solutions for customer applications,
- development of applications and products for CVD diamond materials.
- testing of coatings for customer applications,
- development of new coating solutions for our customers based on Fraunhofer technologies,
- deployment of such solutions for our customers.
Fraunhofer CCD’s goal is to provide customers with competitive next generation coating solutions. Such solutions include materials, processes and equipment installations, as well as coating service agreements. A part of service is to provide customers with access to state-of-the-art thin film coating and characterization equipment.
Since 2003 Fraunhofer CCD and Michigan Sate University closely collaborate on applied research and development projects in the areas of diamond and coatings technologies.onal reputation.