7th International Summer School "Trends and new developments in Laser Technology 2018"
August 27–31, 2018, Fraunhofer IWS Dresden
The Fraunhofer-Institut für Werkstoff- und Strahltechnik IWS and the Technical University of Dresden organize an International Summer School "Trends and new developments in Laser Technology" from August 28 until 31, 2018. This one-week International Summer School aims to bring together undergraduate and PhD students for an intensive programme of study on fundamental and applied aspects of laser technology.
The main programme will consist of lectures by renowned experts, supplemented by poster presentations and informal discussion sessions, as well as practices in the laboratory. The course aims to enable the exchange of new ideas across these fields.
- Surface hardening technologies
- High speed 2D laser cutting
- Laser welding
- Additive manufacturing processes
- Applications of ultra short pulsed lasers
- Laser process simulation
- Laser micro/nano structuring, laser interference patterning
In addition, the programme will include:
- Participant presentations (15 minutes)
- 4 practices at IWS laboratories
Fraunhofer-Institut für Werkstoff- und Strahltechnik IWS
Winterbergstraße 28, 01277 Dresden