6th Workshop "Lithium-Sulfur-Batteries"
November 6 - 7, 2017, Fraunhofer IWS Dresden
Lithium-sulfur batteries are the most promising choice for future energy storage systems. Lithium metal anodes are decisive components as they determine cycling stability and specific energy, also in solid state batteries. A topical session will address lithium metal processing, protective coatings and new lithium metal electrode architectures. Novel materials such as nanostructured carbon/sulfur composite cathodes, solid electrolytes and alloy-based anodes are crucial to significantly enhance the cell performance.
Following the great success of our previous Lithium-Sulfur Battery Workshops, this year’s symposium will again bring together an international audience of scientists and industrial customers. Renowned experts will present the latest results, new materials, processes and applications in the field of lithium-sulfur batteries.
Plenary lectures by internationally renowned speakers as well as an exhibition running concurrently to the conference will offer delegates excellent possibilities to get acquainted with the latest developments and research results. A poster session will complement the comprehensive technical program.
Our general topics:
- electrode materials
- lithium metal anodes
- separators and electrolytes
- cell design and manufacturing
- applications for Li-S-Batteries
We are very pleased to confirm the following speakers:
- Prof. Masayoshi Watanabe (Yokohama National University, Japan)
- Prof. Vladimir Kolosnitsyn (Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia)
- Dr. Kevin R. Zavadil (Joint Center for Energy Storage Research, USA)
- Prof. Jian Chen (Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
- Prof. Jürgen Janek (Universität Gießen, Germany)
- Dr. Gleb Ivanov (Director Sigma Lithium Ltd, UK)
- Dr. Yuichi Aihara (Samsung R&D Institute Japan)
- Stephen Lawes (OXIS Energy Limited, UK)
- Mark Griffiths (EndLis Energy, USA)