We develop cost-efficient processes for electrode fabrication basing on aqueous or completely solvent-free processes.
- material evaluation and feasibility studies
- process development for continuous electrode fabrication
- technology development of solvent-free "DRY transfer electrode coating (DRYtraec)" process
Functional films for cell components
We develop thin functional films to improve cell safety and stability
- inorganic heat resistant layers on separators and electrodes
- ion-selective separator films
- primer coatings
High-energy anodes (Li-metal- and Si-anodes)
IWS-developed processes for anode fabrication basing on lithium or silicon allow increasing the energy densities of Li cells.
- optimization of energy density
- 5-50 µm thick films
- tailored microstructure
- interfaces and protective films