In addition to the classic tribological applications of Diamor® coatings there are various other areas of interests. The wear resistance of the coatings is important but often applications also benefit from the optical and electrical properties of the material. Ta-C coatings have a high refractive index and a widely adjustable range of electric conductivity. Suitable coating parameter adjustments even allow the deposition of graphite like carbon films (GLC) with very low contact resistance.
- ultrathin protective coatings in the thickness range of a few nanometers
- decorative colored interference coatings for jewelry and watch industries
- implant coatings, e.g. hip joint implants
- sensor foil coatings for gas sensors with adjusted electrical conductivity and electrocatalytic properties
- sheet coatings with low contract resistance for fuel cell applications
- coating of surfaces with nonstick and hydrophobic properties