New technologies allowing rapid fabrication of two- and three-dimensional micro-and nano-structures on polymers, metals, ceramics and coatings, open new possibilities in the field of surface engineering. In addition, such technologies do not only offer a route to produce textured surfaces but they also control electrical, chemical and mechanical properties. Therefore, these functionalized surfaces can be used for example in biotechnology, photonics and tribology.
© Fraunhofer IWS Dresden
- Development and implementation of compact systems for direct laser interference patterning (DLIP) technology
- Accurate fabrication of periodic and quasi-periodic structures in the micrometer and sub micrometer range on plain and complex elements on metals, polymers and ceramics
- Modifying the surface properties (e.g. friction reduction, reflection, bio compatibility)
- Large area structuring using DLIP and roll-to-roll-technology
- Topographic analysis of surfaces by confocal microscopy and white light interferometry
- Fabrication of 3D microelements using two photon polymerization