Microprocessing and characterization
Based on our profound technical expertise and extensive experience with industrial customers and publically funded projects, the Fraunhofer IWS offers the following capabilities:
- laser micro-material processing such as drilling, cutting, engraving, structuring of metal, synthetics, semi-conductors, natural substances, ceramics and thin films
- hybrid processing "high speed micro milling and laser structuring"
- laser cleaning and coating removal for technical and restoration applications of steel, granite, sandstone, copper, brass, rust, patina and graffiti
- analysis of works of art through terahertz radiation
- process diagnostics with high-speed photographic technology