The materials science laboratory at IWS provides to its customers product related research and development support and materials characterization services. These services rely on the broad materials science know-how and the long-term methodical experience of the team and its modern and powerful equipment base.
The offer entails:
- metallographic, electron microscopic (SEM, TEM) and microanalytic characterization of the real structure of metals, ceramics and composites
- high resolution imaging and analytical characterization of laser modified surfaces zones, welding interfaces, thin film systems, nanotubes and nano particles
- determination of material parameters for part dimensioning and strategy development for designing component materials to meet load requirements
- develop new and improve upon existing manufacturing methods that depend on material properties (feasibility evaluation, materials selection, component optimization)
- development, adaptation and evaluation of testing methods
- failure and damage analysis